Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fall is Here: Time for New and Returning Shows

 What to Expect from this Blog in the Coming Weeks

The best time of year for TV fans is almost here.  The traditional launch of a new TV season usually begins in Autumn.  This mean the old Networks are going to be launching a whole new slate of programs, most of which will be cancelled before the mid-season break.  Fortunately, there are plenty of cable favorites that are returning as well including Homeland, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, and Dexter for those who still care (I'm looking at you brother Jimmy).  Sorry, Mad Men won't be back until next Spring.  I won't be writing up on all these shows.  After all, according to Entertainment Weekly's cover of their Fall Preview issue, there will be 104 shows this fall.  104!! Too many for one man.  But based off what I've read from some critics and my own personal taste, there are definitely a fair number of new shows that I will be writing about in the coming weeks.  After the jump, a truncated calendar of key premiere dates.


September--New Shows

Go On (NBC)--9/11
Revolution (NBC)--9/17
The Mindy Project (FOX)--9/25
Vegas(CBS)--9/25
Animal Practice (NBC)--9/26
The Neighbors (ABC)--9/26
Last Resort (ABC)--9/27
Elementary (CBS)--9/27
666 Park Avenue (ABC)--9/30


September--Old Shows

Boardwalk Empire (HBO)--9/16
Parks and Recreation (NBC)--9/20
How I Met Your Mother (CBS)--9/24
New Girl (FOX)--9/25
Modern Family(ABC)--9/26
Person of Interest (CBS)--9/27
Fringe (FOX)--9/28
The Good Wife (CBS)--9/30
Bob's Burgers (FOX)--9/30
Dexter (Showtime)--9/30
Homeland (Showtime)--9/30

October--New Shows

Arrow (CW)--10/10
Nashville (ABC)--10/10
Beauty and the Beast(CW)--10/11

October--Returning Shows

30 Rock (NBC)--10/4
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX)--10/11
The Walking Dead (AMC)--10/14
Suburgatory (ABC)--10/17
Community (NBC)--10/19
Happy Endings (ABC)--10/23

Okay.  I counted 29 shows on that list.  I consider that a fair number.  Now, I won't be writing up on all these shows on a weekly basis.  And I may not write about them on their respective premiere dates.  But I will, at the very least, share some thoughts and opinions on the majority of them.  I would like to say all but I make no guarantees. 

The one surprise I found from the complete fall schedule: The number of returning comedies being held back until October.  All of the new comedies will begin in September.  I was surprised the new shows weren't spread out more.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so ready for the third season of "Bob's Burgers" to start and see the new ABC TV show "Last Resort". “Last Resort” shows how a crew disobeying orders can turn things into mayhem, and cause you to be an outcast of your own country. I just bought this amazing DVR that my Dish coworker said would automatically record my favorite TV shows everyday in HD! The Hopper has a Primetime Anytime feature that automatically recodes all of my prime time shows that come on CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC everyday in HD. I don’t have to remember to set up and DVR timers or remember or dates because my DVR does it for me. You can have up to three client boxes (Joeys) with the Hopper, and it gives you full DVR functions in all four of your rooms.

    ReplyDelete